Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Parade of Food

I finally got around to taking pictures of the felt food I made Dallin for his birthday. To be completely honest, I needed to finish up a few more little pieces before showing it all to you. (And it took me 2 months to finish those pieces.) But you'll love 'em!

First off: Breakfast!
And it's happy to see ya!

I love the idea of the 3 dimensional butter (rather than just a flat square of yellow felt), but I don't love how mine turned out. I do think it gives the pancake a little something though.

For lunch: a sandwich, complete with 2 pieces of bread, deli meat, cheese, lettuce and tomato.
I think my favorite food piece is the tomato slice. I love all the detail and the little seeds.
Fruits and vegetables (not including the oranges and banana I posted about before)
The apple is probably my least favorite. It's tiny and awkward. It doesn't look natural. But I love the carrots and strawberries!

And of course, some sweets.
Chocolate chip cookies and a sprinkle donut.

Dallin loves playing with all his felt food. Well, he picks it up and shoves it in his mouth, but that's a good sign that I did a good job, right?

I have more felt and I'll probably add a few more food items to the collection over time, but it'll be a while. I'm felted out at the moment.

Right now I'll settle for making real delicious food, like homemade vanilla ice cream on top of homemade peach pie.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Those are so cute! I've been wanting to give felt food a try too. I'm also thinking about making a quiet book out of felt. We shall see.

mama to j and bean said...

Wow! Those are so cute! You are quite a talented mama :)

heidi said...

You are so talented Sheri! I got a book about making felt food and I thought about you...:)(so if you need ideas for some more, I'll bring you the book when we get back. :)) Your house is looking really cute too! I'm so excited for you guys! You'll still be in our ward, right?. :)

John said...

That is some major craftiness and creativity. Good job on the peach pie. That is one of my all time favorites.

Alan C said...

The felt food looks very cool. My favorite is the carrots from the fake food category, but the peach pie is by far my favorite overall. I love peach pie.

Kathryn Pepper said...

LOVE IT!!! I soooo want to make some felt food!!

TheCorbinStory said...

These are ADORABLE!! Totally trying this myself!

And thanks for linking to my blog!